Baked chicken Caprese: Salty chicken, sweet tomatoes, fragrant pesto and soft mozzarella combined as super delicious & easy addition to your dinner!
If you’re looking for a great way to prepare chicken, you’ve come to the right place. Serve this delicious chicken caprese with pasta, a salad or potatoes & veggies: success guaranteed!
Okay, so you know how I usually write those little stories to accompany my recipes, right? Well, I started writing a story as I felt super inspired, but it ended up being so long that I dedicated a separate post about it! It’s already online, and I called it “We’re all the same but different, in a way”.
You see, I really really love writing. Similar to reading it allows me to travel to other places, and I feel like I can express myself way better in writing than in words. This has been the case ever since I was a kid. When I was little, we had to write short stories at school and this was always my favourite part of the week.
All these years I’ve had hotel school as my goal, and I saw myself working in hospitality for most of my life. I have always loved working in restaurants and I don’t think that passion will fade anytime soon. However, as I mentioned in a previous post, I’ve allowed myself to start dreaming again.
And in this case, dreaming means that maybe, just maybe, I can pick up writing again. This blog has helped me a whole lot, but I hope to expand to short stories or maybe even longer stories.
To be honest, I’ve only told my boyfriend about this. Neither my family nor my friends know I’ve been thinking, I’ve been dreaming, about a different way to live my life. They read my blog but only occasionally I think. My dream is slowly shifting to not working full time, but being able to combine work and passion. So maybe I’ll be a waitress for a few days a week, and keep this blog up for the rest of the days!
What are you dreaming about?Baked chicken Caprese: a super delicious & easy addition to your dinner! Click To Tweet
Baked chicken caprese
Ohhh hello, my story is really long again. I could have dedicated a blog to it, haha! My hope is that you still enjoy reading the stories. Personally, I love posts with not only recipes but a personal touch too. However, I’ll now get to the recipe part. Finally!
Will I see you again soon?
- Chicken breast, 600g
- Mozzarella, 150g
- Tomatoes, 4 large
- Pesto, 3 spoonfuls
- Salt, pepper, Italian herbs, oil
- Cut the chicken into pieces and season with salt, pepper and Italian herbs.
- Slice the tomatoes (+/- 80 mm thick) and mozzarella. Set aside.
- In a preheated pan, fry the chicken for around 5 minutes. They don't have to be cooked all the way through, just browned on the outside.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Place the chicken with 2 spoons of pesto in an oven tray. Mix through.
- Top with the tomato slices and mozzarella. Drizzle the remaining pesto over the top.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the mozzarella has slightly melted. Enjoy!
- Some tomatoes are juicier than others, so check before serving if there's no liquid in the pan.