Love easy yet super delicious dinner recipes? Then this broccoli beef dinner casserole with mushrooms is the one for you! Includes easy how-to video.
Cold days and gloomy, dark nights ask for some warming comfort food. One of my favourite winter dishes is, for sure, dinner casserole! It’s super easy and very customizable, too. Have leftover mushrooms? Why not add them!
Cold days and dark nights
Speaking of winter. How’s the transition been for you so far? I know I had some trouble in the beginning, because at first we used to have super sunny days every week. My body wasn’t sure anymore: is it winter or nahh?
However, I’m sure now. It’s coooold outside!
Still, we have those super sunny days sometimes. I don’t even have to turn on my heater because the sun shines directly at our living room window: it can get pretty warm! Kitty loves it too: she spends those days sunbathing on the windowsill.
Can you believe how fast time is going? I know I’ve said this a couple times before, but I just can’t believe we’re at the end of the year already. While Christmas always used to be my favourite ‘occasion’ of the year, I’m currently encountering some trouble with anxiety.
Don’t get me wrong, I still love Christmas! Seeing my family, enjoying nice food all day… However, it does cost a lot of stress with anxiety you know. You have to socialize all day, which is kinda tiring! Plus, I’m cooking one of the meals this year again. Which causes my fear of failure to play tricks on me.. :p But I’m sure it’ll be alright: I’ve learned so much this year, and I can’t wait to show my parents/brother/grandma!Love easy & super delicious dinner recipes? You'll love this broccoli-mushroom-beef dinner casserole!Click To Tweet
Mmm, I’ll leave my babbling for now 😉 I really hope you enjoy the time until Christmas too, not too much stress: it’s going to be a wonderful time and it would be a shame not to enjoy it!
See you soon!
Yay for regular visitors: please disable ad-block so my site can grow grow groooow!
- Mashed potatoes (7-8 potatoes, 30g butter, 130g milk, salt, parsley)
- Broccoli, 1 head
- Minced meat, 350g (seasoned)
- Mushrooms, 125g
- Onion, 1 yellow
- Grated cheese (optional)
- Cut the broccoli into smaller heads, and cover in boiling hot water for around 8 minutes. Drain water and set aside.
- Roughly chop the onion and heat up a frying pan. Cook the onion until soft, and then add the minced meat. Once this has browned, add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Set aside.
- You need a large casserole or oven tray.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Start with the minced meat mixture, add the broccoli heads and top with the mashed potatoes.
- If you're using grated cheese I suggest sprinkling this on top or over the broccoli.
- Place this in the oven for 25 minutes, and enjoy!