Yes, that’s right: for once she gave me access to the kitchen AND her blog. It’s me, the boyfriend, and I am here to share with you my recipe for this delicious burger. Just for the record, I can cook more than burgers alone… But burgers happen to be my speciality 😉
As Vivian has mentioned before, we have been living together since December last year. Because I am at my placement every day of the week from early in the morning to the end of the day, Viv is usually the one to cook. She even shushes me out of the kitchen when I try to help… But now that we’re enjoying some vacation she allows me to cook, too. Sometimes.
The both of us are crazy about burgers and we’d eat them way too often if we weren’t trying to be healthier. When we go out for dinner we very often agree: the burger is the best on the menu! Nothing beats a juicy burger on a nice bun with some crispy veggies and delicious sauce, right?
This version includes:
- A juicy burger
- A crunchy Italian bun
- Creamy avocado
- Soft cooked onion
- Crispy lettuce
- Sweet tomato
And to top that all off, a delicious garlic mayo. Simple, but oh so good! By the way, do you see that perfect combination of textures and flavours?!
We ate our burger with this strawberry mozzarella salad!
Recipe will be down below, I hope you enjoyed this collaboration between the boyfriend and myself… Recipe is all him btw! See you soon?
- Mayonnaise, 6 spoonfuls
- Garlic, 2 cloves
- Lemon juice, 2 teaspoons
- Mustard, 2 teaspoons
- Salt, a pinch
- Burgers, 2 large (+/- 270g total)
- (Italian) buns, 2 large
- Red onion, 1 half
- Avocado, 1 piece (sliced or mashed, based on preference)
- Lettuce, 2 leaves
- Tomato, 2 slices
- Prepare the garlic mayo by mixing everything together until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the burgers until medium or well done. (+/- 8 min depending on size)
- After 2 minutes of cooking the burgers, add the onion to the same pan and cook until soft.
- Now the layering begins! Cut open a bun and place tomato slices and lettuce on top.
- Add the burger, then the (mashed or sliced) avocado, followed by the cooked onion.
- Spread 2 spoonfuls of garlic mayo on the top half of the bun, and place on top of the burger.
- Serve with a nice salad or fries.