A light and delicious cabbage salad with apple, smoked chicken and a mustard dressing. Perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner!
If you, like me, are trying to be a bit more versatile with eating vegetables: this recipe is for you. It’s a great way to increase your daily intake of vitamins, and it’s still very tasty! The apple adds some freshness, and it all goes great with the smoked chicken and mustard dressing.
As some of you might remember, a little while ago I posted this recipe for a Thai cabbage Salad. I bought an entire cabbage, which left me with a lot of leftovers… So I figured I had to share a second recipe, to make another cabbage salad.
Don’t worry about having to eat cabbage all week: if you store it properly you can keep it for around 2 weeks in the fridge. By the way, I have found the perfect site to see how long you can keep things: http://www.stilltasty.com/ !
I’m actually feeling a little sick while typing this recipe, so I think I’ll leave it at this. I’ll share stories again next post!
- White cabbage, 1/3 large or 1/2 small
- Smoked chicken, 250g
- Apple, 1 large
- Mustard, 2 spoonfuls
- Mayonnaise, 4 spoonfuls
- Apple cider vinegar, 2 spoonfuls
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
- Cut the cabbage into thin slices or shreds, wash and dry.
- Cut the apple and the chicken into small pieces and place in a bowl with the cabbage.
- Top with the dressing, and enjoy!
- Add some honey or walnuts if you prefer.