Sweet and crunchy carrots combined with a tart grapefruit dressing: a match made in heaven! Serve this healthy carrot salad for lunch or with dinner.
New years resolutions
Okay, so we’re halfway into January 2017. How’s it going with your new years resolutions? I know I said I didn’t really focus on them, but of course ‘eating healthy’ is always on my mind. (At least in the first month of the new year!)
I’m not that good at being healthy. I despise the gym, and cookies just taste better when there’s sugar and butter in them right? So, I’m on a quest to find delicious healthy recipes. And this is totally one of them! If there’s one thing I learned from masterchef Australia, it’s that combining different textures is the way to go.
Creamy avocado, crunchy radishes, juicy carrot and a handful of nuts. Sounds good, right?!
You know, I’d normally never use carrots for my dinner. I’m NOT a fan of boiled carrots, so they have kind of a bad name in my kitchen! However, lately I’ve been on a quest to reinvent the way I eat my carrots. You might’ve seen the recipes for honey glazed carrots, delicious 5 spice carrots or roasted carrots but today it’s time for a carrot salad.
Aaaanyways, this was definitely a great way to use carrots 😉 Louise and I worked on this salad together, and this was our lunch with the sweet potato toasts! So filling, and sooo gooooood.
- Carrot, 2
- Lettuce mix, 60g
- Radish, a bunch (+/- 175g)
- Avocado, 1 half
- Chopped nuts, 1 spoonful
- Grapefruit, juice of 1 half
- (Apple cider) vinegar, 1 spoonful
- Olive oil, 1 teaspoon
- Wash and peel the carrots if required. Use a spiralizer to turn the carrots into noodles, or cut them into sticks.
- Wash the radishes and cut in half. Cut the avocado in pieces as well.
- Roast the nuts in a dry frying pan until nice and brown.
- Mix all this together in a salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the grapefruit juice, (apple cider) vinegar and olive oil. Season with some salt. Sprinkle over the salad, and enjoy!