Chicken meatballs, bell pepper and many more delicious flavours are combined into one skillet casserole. Includes super simple how-to video!
Quite the mouthful, but it was so damn delicious! I bought a new cast-iron pan, which I wanted to test desperately… I decided to swap my idea for chicken burgers and make these delicious chicken meatballs instead. Actually, even though it’s really tasty it’s super simple! And I included a little video 😉
Hey, big spender
Okay, so I’ve got a confession to make. I like spending money. No, not on clothes, jewellery, fancy gadgets or what else… I love buying kitchen supplies!
So of course, when I saw that cute little cast-iron skillet with discount I could not let that go, right? Actually, at first I decided that I didn’t need it but then the boyfriend decided that we did. And I’m so happy now that we have it! It’s really heavy but it feels so professional, you know?
If you have any recipes I have to try, please let me know! I’m planning on making breads and casseroles in this pan, but any suggestion is welcome of course.A delicious chicken meatball casserole recipe with easy how-to video. @VivianSAACClick To Tweet
And yes, I made another video! I’m super excited about all this, and I hope you are too. I’ve been thinking about uploading a “personal” video like a vlog, but I’m too scared. Would you be interested?
Oh, and before I forget: if you’re into these oven baked delicious dishes, go check out my video for lasagne. It’s so good. Trust me! Find it here.
Let’s get onto this recipe! I think it would also be de-li-cious with regular minced meat, I just wanted to try something else. Also, feel free to add fresh tomatoes instead of purée, and any other vegetable you might like!
Hope to see you again soon, please subscribe! 🙂
If you can’t open the video, click here.
- Minced meat, 320g (chicken)
- Meat seasoning, 2 spoonfuls
- Egg, 1 small
- Breadcrumbs, 5 spoonfuls
- Onion, 1 large
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Bell pepper, 2 small (red, or any colour)
- Tomato purée, 140g
- Parsley, 2 spoonfuls
- Combine minced meat, meat seasoning, egg and bread crumbs. If your mixture is too wet, add some more bread crumbs.
- Form small meatballs of a tablespoon filled with mixture. Place these in the skillet.
- Add some oil and cook them, on the stove, until browned on both sides.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Slice the onion and cut the garlic into small pieces. Add to the meatballs and turn the stove off.
- Chop the bell peppers too, and add this together with the tomato purée. Top with the chopped parsley.
- Place this in the oven (with lid, preferably) for 20 minutes. Let cool down slightly, and enjoy!
- Salt is optional in the mixture, because the meatballs are already quite salty and the mixture is flavourful.
- Serve with rice, pasta, or grains.