Hi there. I’m sure you’ll be happy to see me. Or at least not me, but these cookies! The oatmeal cookies I’m sharing a recipe for today are a great way to get rid of unwanted cravings. And they are dannnnng delicious too!
Why you should make these cookies (as if you needed extra reasons)
I’m crazy about anything oatmeal. It’s such a versatile ingredient, and so very filling too! Eat one of those cookies and you won’t be thinking about unhealthy snacks for a while. For me, oatmeal cookies are a great way of snacking too because they are gluten free. I’m not intolerant, luckily, but my stomach is not that happy when I eat a lot of bread, pasta and cookies in one day.
Another great thing about these cookies is that there’s no added sugar. I used honey instead, and the cookies get loads of flavour from the peanut butter (you can use the unsweetened version!) and the coconut.
And then of course there’s the fact that they are simply delicious! I’m crazy about peanut butter, crazy to the point of eating it straight out of the jar (boyfriend, if you’re reading this: that’s a lie. I would never ever do that just because I love love looove peanut butter) so that’s a great reason to bake these babies too. Obviously!
On to the recipe, shall we?!
With this recipe I made 7 large cookies.
- Oat flour*, 100g
- Oats, 60g
- Coconut oil, 35g
- Egg, 1 large
- Ground coconut, 4 spoonfuls
- Honey, 4 spoonfuls
- Peanut butter, 2 spoonfuls
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Form the dough into balls and place these on a piece of baking parchment.
- Press the balls into cookie shapes. They don't have to be pretty: the cracks are characteristic for oatmeal cookies!
- Place them in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool on a rack, and enjoy!
- *: you can make oat flour really quickly by blending oats until smooth.
I’ve noticed I have some regular visitors, yay! So exciting. I’m really glad to have you all here 🙂 I would like to ask a favour. I know nearly all of us web users are using Ad-block, including myself. However, if you turn ad block off at specific websites, like mine, you help us bloggers develop further. I want to continue blogging, as I still have so much to write about! 😀