I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before, but lasagne has always been my favourite dish. My mom makes a great one with loads of veggies and minced meat in a tomato sauce: delish! But now that I enjoy cooking so much I decided it was time to invent a new version… Mushrooms, zucchini and plaice in a creamy white wine sauce!
Use your creativity!
The fact that I started a foodblog probably already says enough, but I’m going to say it once more: I love cooking! This is going to sound so cliche but sometimes it feels like I can use all my creativity: I decide I want to cook lasagne and then I get to create the entire dish around it. Like a painter with a blank canvas!
Okay, so I started with the white lasagne as I only ever cook the red sauce variety. Then, I decided to use fish and some sort of white sauce: I went with a classic bechamel sauce and remembered the little bit of wine I had left in the fridge… Both of us are crazy about mushrooms so that one was easy, and I bought a zucchini on the farmers market that would go perfectly with the rest of my dish. See, the painting was coming together!
I rarely ever cook with fish, and not because I don’t like it myself. No, I love a grilled salmon or some white fish! The boyfriend on the other hand is not a big fan: he will wrinkle his nose at anything fish. Lately I’ve been reading about food and the effects they have on our body, and I once again learned that fish is a very vital ingredient for our health later in life… So I decided to slowly start adding some fish to our diet. Sorry boyfriend, I’m the one cooking in this household!
Share your favourites
Tell me about your favourite lasagne recipe: I’d love to use some of your creativity!
Big hug to all of you,
I added only one portion of fish, but if you like you can always add some more. Also, I used plaice but you can use any type of fish.
- Lasagne, 6 sheets
- Plaice, 100g (or more) (cut into small pieces)
- Mushrooms, 250g (chopped)
- Zucchini, 1 piece (chopped)
- Grated cheese, 100g
- Butter, 60g
- Flour, 60g
- Milk, 500ml
- White wine, 200ml
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the butter in a pan and slowly melt it. Start stirring in the flour, one bit at a time. When it is all mixed together into one lump, cook this for 4 minutes.
- Now we can start adding the milk, around 100ml at a time. Don't add new milk before it is all mixed through. After that you can add the wine and give it a final stir. Season generously with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables and cook it for 5 minutes. Taste and season some more if needed. After this you can add the fish.
- Now, you can start layering the lasagne. Start with the white sauce, top with lasagne sheets and then with some grated cheese. Repeat.
- Top all off with the grated cheese, and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- 45 min