Chilli con carne is a delicious meaty dish that can easily be made from scratch. This video shows you exactly how! Don’t forget to subscribe 🙂
It’s time to remake one of my favourite recipes into a video! Chilli con carne is such an easy and delicious dish: any beginning cook can totally impress with this simple recipe! Includes easy how-to video.
At the parents
Yes, I’ve said it before: the internet at my parents sucks. I’m trying to upload some things for this blog which is supposed to be uploaded on Monday but it just won’t work! It’s nice to be back at my parents for a bit though, I don’t see them nearly enough. I’ve brought Noes with me, and the boyfriend will join us tonight after work. We’re staying here the entire weekend!
Chilli con carne
So, I’m going to keep this blog rather short! You can watch my video for chilli con carne down below, see me talk… It’s different, I know. Hope you like it, feel free to leave any comments/tips/tricks down beloooow!
See you soon,
- Onion, 1 large
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Minced meat, 500g (seasoned)
- Tomatoes, 8 large
- Bell pepper, 1 red
- Brown beans, +/- 400g
- Smoked paprika/bell pepper powder, 1 teaspoon
- Chilli flakes, 2 teaspoons
- Start by chopping up the onion. Preheat a sauce pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the minced garlic and stir.
- Add the seasoned minced meat, and cook until browned.
- Wash and cut the tomatoes into pieces. The smaller you cut them the quicker your sauce will be done: you can also purée them for a smooth instead of chunky sauce.
- Add to the pan and let simmer with closed lid for 10 minutes.
- Cut the bell pepper into pieces and add them to the sauce.
- Add the brown beans as well.
- Season with 2 teaspoons of chilli flakes and a small teaspoon of smoked paprika powder.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Season with salt & pepper if needed.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!