White chocolate cups filled with chewy (espresso) caramel is the perfect treat for any sweet tooth! The subtle hint of espresso balances the sweetness.
Remember the espresso caramels I posted a little while ago? I found a way to make them even better!
Find my recipe for the espresso caramels by clicking here.
Chocolate caramel sweets
As with many other foods, I have some great memories from chocolate and caramel. Think of Twix, for example. If there’s anyone that’s a huge sweet tooth, it’s my dad. He always has some candy in his car and next to his favourite chair, whether that’s chocolates or typical Dutch liquorice… And when we were younger, my dad always thought he could successfully hide those from my brother and me.
Ha! Was he wrong. My dad told me a little while ago that he was always very happy to see my little brother and I running towards him when he came home, only to see us disappear into his car to steal some of his ‘hidden’ sweets. Aww! Poor dad.
Whenever all of us are home, we are often together in the living room at night. One of the memories I have from ‘my early years’ was that even when my younger brother and I were just a few metres away, dad thought he could sneakily eat some chocolate caramels…. Naturally, we could hear the crackling of the the candy wrappers from across the room!
I’m hoping to save some of those chocolates for dad, but as I’ve only made 20 that’s going to be a challenge… We’re almost out already!
Espresso caramel white chocolate cups
Now that I’ve shared a story that I associate with chocolate caramels, I think it’s time to share the recipe! Honestly, these white chocolate cups are the best. First you bite into the sweet. crunchy chocolate on the outside and then you hit that sweet espresso caramel centre, that’s really nice and chewy…. Gahhh, I have to keep myself from eating them right now!
Please let me know if you try any of my recipes! My Instagram hashtag is easy: #stayaliveandcooking.
- Espresso caramels*, 10
- White chocolate, 200g
- Mini cupcake cups, 20
- Break 80g of the white chocolate in pieces, and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Pour a thin layer of chocolate onto the bottom of the cups. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 120g of white chocolate in 30 second intervals.
- Once the chocolate cups have set, take them out of the fridge. Cut the espresso caramels in half and place on top of the chocolate bottoms.
- Pour over the remaining white chocolate until the caramels are covered. Place in the fridge for another 30 minutes, and done are your white chocolate cups!
- *: I have a recipe for these caramels on my site, and will post the link in the text. If you don't want to make your own, using regular caramels should work too.