A staple in my cooking repertoire: a homemade meatball recipe. Save this recipe and use it for any occasion! Even better with your favourite sauce.
Nothing beats a tasty, juicy and flavourful homemade meatball in my opinion. I like to make these with parties, or serve them in a soup or with pasta: super simple, and sooo good!
So how’s it going guys? Did you have a fun Valentines day? Or are you a strong, independent person who doesn’t need no chocolate 😉 For me, having a nice meal on Valentines is something I look forward to. We don’t have to go out for dinner: we can also enjoy a night in!
The boyfriend is less of a fan, as he says it’s “commercial BS”. Oh well, we all have our opinions right? 😉 But I guess he will never say no to a homemade meal!
You know, I really love ‘date nights’. Whether they are with the bf or with friends: I love looking forward to a nice evening filled with good food, wine and good company! We used to have one of those memberships for the cinema, where we could visit ALL the movies we wanted for a fixed price. Of course, we didn’t go as often as planned: I feel there aren’t that many good movies anymore! Anyone have any tips?
We are currently watching New Girl together – after I spent weeks convincing the boyfriend to give it a shot. Anyways, he’s convinced now and he enjoys seeing me laugh. Then, we watch Sherlock and Suits but there aren’t many episodes we haven’t seen yet… Waiting, waiting. We’ve seen all the Planet Earth 2 – LOVED IT! And we’re also watching Blindspot. Always looking for new suggestions, so feel free to send some!
Homemade meatball recipe
Okay, so I always get distracted so easily. I wanted to talk to you guys about this homemade meatball recipe! It’s super simple – just mix everything together, shape into balls and let the oven do the rest. Done! And you can freeze them, so you can pop them out at your convenience. Serve with your favourite pasta sauce or soup, or serve them as appetizers (like these Smokey BBQ Meatballs!). Also, don’t forget this delicious recipe for mushrooms with a mushroom & sage sauce!
I’ve got another recipe coming up, with the sauce I used to turn these delicious meatballs into a meal. Stay tuned 😉
See you soon! X Viv
- Minced meat, 400g
- Onion, 1 small (+/- 55g)
- Garlic, 2 cloves
- Egg, 1 large
- Breadcrumbs, 4 spoonfuls
- Yellow mustard, 1 1/2 spoonfuls
- Worcestershire sauce, 2 teaspoons
- Paprika powder, 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Salt, 2 teaspoons (to taste)
- Fresh herbs (optional), e.g. parsley, a spoonful
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the onion finely, and mince the garlic. Place in a bowl together with the minced meat.
- Add the egg, breadcrumbs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, paprika powder, salt, pepper and fresh herbs (optional). Mix together.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out the amount of meat mixture. Roll one tablespoon of meat into small balls, and place on an oven sheet. Spread them a centimetre apart.
- Place this in the oven for 20 minutes, and let cool. Good to go!
- Serve with your favourite sauce: tomato, smokey barbecue, peanut etc.