The perfect combination of juicy mango, tasty chicken, creamy avocado and fresh lettuce on homemade flatbreads! Ready in minutes.
I shared a homemade flatbread recipe a little while ago, and now I’m back to show you one of the delicious ways you can eat them. I truly think this is the perfect combination of sweet, salty, creamy and fresh, and that you’ll love it!
I’m not really the bread baking type. I would love to do it more often, but for some reason I’m afraid I will fail miserably and have a “freshly baked bread” that’s as hard as a rock… So I figured that making flatbread would be a great start for me. And it was! It’s simple, fool-proof, tasty and customizable. I love knowing exactly what’s in the products I eat, so the flatbread recipe was a total winner for me. (Only 4 ingredients!)
Desperate as I was to try making flatbreads, I had to figure out a dish that would go well with them. I knew I wanted something simple, fresh and light so I started thinking about my favourite flavour combinations. It didn’t take me long: chicken, avocado and mango is definitely one of my favourites, and they go great on any type of wrap or bread!
Time for cooking
As you could have figured out by the fact that I’ve got my own foodblog: I like spending time in the kitchen. I have mentioned before that I took a break from school, but I haven’t told you guys yet that I decided to actually quit school for an undefined amount of time. I truly feel like I should first focus on feeling comfortable in my own skin again, and I want to take this time to figure out what I want in life. But this leaves loads of time for my passions, such as cooking!
Of course, it’s not as easy as it may sound. I’ve had fear of failure for as long as I can remember, and quitting school is definitely in the “failing” category… But I try to keep in mind that this is for the best, and that I can always return when I’m stronger and motivated.
Flatbreads with chicken, mango and avocado
Time for the recipe! Will I see you in 2 days again? I post recipes 3 times a week! Please share the picture down below, and leave a comment if you have any suggestions. Thank you!
- (Homemade, see blog post) flatbreads, 4 pieces
- Chicken breast, 350g
- Mango, 1 large
- Avocado, 1 piece
- Lettuce mix, 100g
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a frying pan until they are no longer raw, which will take a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the avocado and mango into pieces as well. Season the avocado with some salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken is done, you can start assembling: place the lettuce, chicken avocado and mango on top of the flatbread, roll or wrap it up and enjoy!
- We didn't have to add any sauce as we had the most amazingly juicy mango and creamy avocado, but if you like you can always add some mayonnaise or sauce of your choice. Honey/mustard would go well here too.