Kickstart your day with this healthy fruit & vegetable smoothie bowl! Place the packs in the freezer and take out at your convenience.
I love smoothie bowls for breakfast, but it’s usually such a hassle! Peel the fruits, chop the veggies, assemble my frozen ingredients…. That’s why today I share with you a recipe for super simple, done in no time fruit & vegetable smoothie bowl freezer packs!
The experts are always saying we need to eat wayyyy more vegetables, but how? I can munch on a carrot or two in the afternoon, yes, but there’s always room for improvement. And that’s where breakfast comes in. Us Dutchies, we’re not used to having breakfast with vegetables. Spinach with breakfast? Not common at all.
So, how do I get some of those extra vitamins? With a smoothie bowl of course!
As far as I know, it’s not healthy to have one everyday as you also get a lot of sugar from the fruit, but once or twice a week should be perfectly fine. I usually make a big bowl before I hit the gym! With the added oats it’s very filling, and it gives me enough energy to last until lunch at least.
Smoothie bowl freezer packs
When I check Instagram in the morning, I see a lot of ladies who’ve been to the gym and back already before I even start my breakfast. Errr…. No. I’m not one for super early mornings! I prefer taking my time with breakfast and waking up.
However, one of the reasons I stopped with smoothie bowls a while ago is because of all the fuss. It can be quite a lot of work to assemble all the ingredients: at least if you want to pack loads of different ingredients! So, I decided I’d try making freezer packs. I take them out in the morning (or the night before, so it’s less cold!), blend them with some yoghurt, oats or banana and bam! I’m good to go!
My favourite part is adding the toppings: we can go crazy there! Add some chopped nuts, fruits, seeds, granola, muesli, or puffed grains: yumm!
You can even take this easy breakfast to go. What’s not to like?
Hope to see you again soon guys, please pin & share!
- Kiwi, 1
- Avocado, 1 half
- Kale, 40g
- Spinach, 40g
- Berries, 140g
- Zucchini, 80g
- Slice the avocado, kiwi and zucchini.
- Place all fruit & vegetables in two separate or one large bag, depending on convenience.
- Put in the freezer, and store for up to two months.
- Take the smoothie bowl packs out of the freezer.
- Add per serving: 40g of oats, 70 grams of yoghurt or half a banana. You can also add all three of them! Add half a cup of water, and blend until smooth. Add desired toppings, and enjoy!
- Optional: add fresh ginger, lime, spirulina, wheat grass, protein powder or any other type of vegetable or fruit before you blend.
- Possible toppings: nuts, seeds, pieces of fruit, coconut flakes, granola, puffed rice etc!