It’s time for me to share with you my favourite breakfast: coffee oats! A giant mug filled with delicious and comforting breakfast, including how-to video.
Breakfast: I love it. That’s why I figured it couldn’t be absent from my birthday week filled with yummy recipes! If you haven’t already, give these coffee oats a try: it’s possibly the best way to eat your oatmeal in the morning. (Or afternoon or evening, I don’t judge!)
I could start this blog post with an introduction about how much I love breakfast, but I don’t think I have to… Simply check out this list of breakfast recipes!
It’s so important to have breakfast in the morning, I don’t think I can stress this enough. I never leave the house without something in my stomach! Mainly because I then have 0 energy, but also because I’ve heard that it will result in snacking more later in the day 😉
Plus, if you make a yummy but quick breakfast like this there’s absolutely no reason to skip it! In summer I’d probably opt for smoothie bowls over warm and comforting oatmeals, but this recipe is perfect for the colder days.
Every time I have it I’m still pleasantly surprised by the soothing texture of warm oatmeal porridge and the delicious hint of coffee that’s in there together with the vanilla. I’m going to stop talking now: please watch my video, subscribe to my channel and I hope to see you soon!
- Oat flakes, 100g
- 230-250 ml soy milk (sweetened)
- Instant coffee, 2 teaspoons
- Vanilla extract, a drop
- Pecan nuts, 2 spoonfuls
- Sugar/maple syrup/honey to sweeten
- Mix the oat flakes and soy milk together in a mug. For a more liquid porridge, add more milk.
- Add the teaspoons of coffee and vanilla extract.
- Place this in the microwave for 2.5-3 minutes, or until firm enough.
- Add a small handful of chopped pecans, and sweeten to taste. Enjoy!