Do you love easy and tasty meals, that don’t take much time? Then this gnocchi in tomato pesto sauce is the recipe for you! + video 🙂
It’s MONDAY which means it’s time for my third video/recipe! I’ve never been this excited by Mondays before… Today I share a great & super simple recipe, which is literally done in 5 minutes. And it’s still super tasty! I show you how in a 1-minute video.
Quick Dinner Dishes
Even though I have all the time of the world for cooking, I know most of my readers aren’t as lucky. I started this site to show students that cooking good food doesn’t have to be hard, but I feel like I rarely post any easy-done in no time recipes anymore!
One of my friends asked me if I had any inspiration for a dinner that was tasty but quick. The first thing that came to mind is gnocchi, which cooks in 2 minutes. Make a super simple sauce and combine that all together: can’t be any easier than that, right?! I was so enthusiastic that I decided to put it on my to-cook list for the next week. And I made a video out of it, too!
In case you haven’t been to my site at all in the last two weeks, here’s a little update: I am on YouTube! Super exciting. I’ve made three videos so far, and they all take around 1 minute to show you some of my favourite recipes. I’ve been able to ask questions to my vlogger-cousin (haha), whom you can find here.This delicious gnocchi in tomato pesto sauce is super simple and done in 5 minutes! @VivianSAACClick To Tweet
If you have any tips, tricks or maybe recipe ideas, feel free to send me a message! I’ll be glad to credit you. Also, I’m still looking for the best places to browse royalty free background music. Leave a comment down below if you know one!
By the way, how do you like my new pasta plates?! Cool huh?
See you on Wednesday!
Gnocchi in tomato pesto sauce
- Gnocchi, 500g
- Tomato, 4 large
- Pesto, 3 spoonfuls
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Heat up some water in a large pan.
- Cut the tomato into pieces (I cut them into 8 slices, but any shape will do).
- Heat up a frying pan with some olive oil. Add the tomato pieces and let this simmer away, stirring occasionally.
- Once the water is boiling, remove from heat and add the gnocchi pieces. Cook them for 2 minutes.
- Drain the water and add the gnocchi to the tomato pieces. Add the pesto, and stir.
- Great additions: chicken breast, minced meat, broccoli, fresh basil, mozzarella... You name it!