Woohoo! It’s sort of Spring! I decided to celebrate by making a lighter and thinner green bean and tomato quiche. It’s easypeasy and delicious.. What’s not to love?
Sometimes I just sort of invent recipes out of the blue. Love it when that happens! This recipe “happened” because they were out of asparagus in the store. Hey if it brings inspiration, who cares? Asparagus season has not officially started in the Netherlands yet so I’ve still got time for my original recipe. Get excited!
Today is an extremely bright and sunny day: I’m loving it! The playlist “Feel good Friday” on Spotify is blasting through my room and I can’t stop dancinggg in my chair. Seriously, I haven’t skipped a single song yet! They’ve got feel good classics like “All Star” (Smash Mouth), Move your Feet (Junior Senior), Hey Ya! (Outkast) and so much more! Happy happy day.
My balcony is calling for me as the sun is shining right at it, but I’m scared I won’t hear the doorbell as someone is coming over to fix the shower. Guess I’ll have to wait a little longer… Anyway, I’m extremely happy already so I’m not complaining!
Green bean and tomato quiche
I served this quiche with some salty smoked beef but it would be very tasty vegetarian as well. Whatever you prefer!
My quiche mould is 28 centimetres.
- Quiche dough, 350g (store bought or homemade)
- Green beans, 220g
- Cherry tomatoes, 100g
- Creme fraiche, 200g (or sour cream)
- Milk, 140ml
- Egg, 5 pieces
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Italian herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cook the green beans for 8 minutes. Put aside.
- Spread the quiche dough around the mould and poke holes in the bottom.
- Mix the creme fraiche, milk, eggs and salt and pepper together with the Italian herbs.
- Spread the mixture around in the quiche mould.
- Add the beans and tomatoes as well.
- Grate some Parmesan cheese over the top, and place this in the oven for around 45 minutes.
- Serve with some salty smoked beef.
If you prefer a more “winter” type quiche: don’t worry! I’ve got you covered with this delicious mushroom eggplant zucchini and bacon quiche.
See you tomorrow!
I’ve noticed I have some regular visitors, yay! So exciting. I’m really glad to have you all here 🙂 I would like to ask a favour. I know nearly all of us internetters (haha) are using Ad-block, including myself. However, if you turn ad block off at specific websites, like mine, you help us bloggers develop further. I want to continue blogging, as I still have so much to write about! 😀