As I mentioned before: breakfast recipes are my favourite recipes to share. And I have so many! Granola for example, which I started making a few months ago. Not only does it taste very nice in a bowl of yoghurt in the morning, it makes your whole house smell nice, too!
It does not take up that much work, you just need to find the right balance. I just keep tasting in between, but if you are more a “recipe kinda person” I bet you’ll be able to measure your way through it in no time. Trust me, once you taste this granola you’ll crave it for breakfast every day…
Yes, I posted a recipe for granola before but I was unhappy with the way it looked and with the recipe in general. So this is a remake! 🙂
- Coconut oil, 2 spoonfuls
- Honey, 4 spoonfuls
- Oats, 150g
- Nuts (roughly chopped up), a handful
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Measure the oil and place it in a bowl. If you use coconut oil, pop it in the microwave for half a minute to make it fluid. Add your sweetener to the bowl.
- Mix in the nuts, oats, the vanilla extract and/or cinnamon and salt. Make sure every part is glazed, and see if it's tasting the way you like it.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet, making sure everything is spread evenly.
- Place it in the oven for around 25 minutes, rotating the mixture halfway. Don't forget to check it every once in a while: every oven is different and you don't want the nuts to burn!
- Let it sit for a while outside the oven, and once it's fully cooled down you can place it in an airtight container.
- You can add some dried fruits or coconut as well.
I have to admit, I eat this as a snack sometimes, too. It smells so delicious….
Woopwoop! See you next time folks 🙂