Wooohoo! When you read this, I’ll be enjoying the sun in Lisbon. That’s why there will be a little less activity on Stay Alive and Cooking… But I’ll share pictures on my instagram page! For now I’d like to share with you a great way to use up leftover fruits. When you eat those you’ll be hydrated, cooled off, and you’ll get some extra vitamins while you’re at it!
If you follow me in Pinterest, you’ve probably seen that I pin recipes for when I have leftover fruit or veggies. The thing is, I’m becoming more and more aware of the things we throw away daily. Not only in restaurants or supermarkets, but at home, too. Even I do it sometimes: I’ll see these beautiful strawberries and buy two boxes, only to find out I can never finish them before they turn bad.
That’s where these popsicles come in handy! Now you can simply purée your leftover fruit, freeze them and eat them whenever you please.
Recipe down below, hope to see you again soon! And feel free to share any tips for leftovers you might have.
Find my pinned recipes here:
- Kiwi, 4 large
- Strawberries, 250g
- Lemon juice, 2 teaspoons
- First, purée the kiwis (without peel) and the lemon juice. Pour the mixture into popsicle moulds and set aside.
- Then, purée the strawberries. Slowly add this to the kiwi, to avoid them to mix.
- Place in straws or popsicle sticks.
- Place in the freezer until solid, and enjoy!
- You can also add some yoghurt, or any other type of fruit you like.