A recipe for deliciously roasted chicken, first marinated for 0-6 hours in zingy lime and spicy chilli flakes. | Stay Alive and Cooking
Even though I’ve shared my fair share of vegetable variates, I don’t usually share recipes for cooking meat. (Apart from this Meatballs in Smokey BBQ sauce recipe… ;)) I really want to change this, as it’s so easy to marinate and roast e.g. chicken to perfection! You can put it in the oven right away, or let the meat marinate for a few hours to get that extra intense flavour.
Like I mentioned before: I have plenty of inspiration for sharing vegetable dishes. Here’s some of my favourites:
Lime and chilli chicken
So, what inspired me to cook this dish? Once again: Masterchef Australia. There was this episode where Nigella Lawson marinated chicken in, I believe, lime, chilli and tequila. And I wanted to recreate that! Minus the tequila. I’ll try adding booze to my recipes some other time.
So, let’s get onto the recipe shall we? You can find it down below, please pin/share if you liked it! 🙂 – Vivian
- Chicken, 2 breasts
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Olive oil, 1 spoonful
- Chilli flakes, 3 teaspoons
- Rock salt, 3 teaspoons
- Sugar, 1 spoonful
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Roasting/oven bag
- Let this chicken marinate for a few hours to enhance flavours!
- Cut the chicken breast in small pieces, grate the garlic and place them in the bag.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Place in the fridge and let marinate for 1-6 hours.
- After marinating, preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Place the roasting bag in a tray and put this in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked in the middle.