When I was younger I made the same cookies almost every month. They were simple sugar cookies and I loved them so much I’d never even thought of changing the recipe. Now, years later, I rarely cook or bake the same thing twice. This is why I decided to recreate those sugar cookies, but add a twist of my own: maple syrup pecan cookies were born!
I crave sweet things at least once a day. Whether that’s a dessert or a cookie with my coffee: I need something to stop myself from dreaming about chocolate and sugary things! That’s partially why I love homemade cookies. I know exactly what’s in them and I can customize them any way I like.
Another cookie that’s definitely a favourite of mine is a delicious oatmeal cookie. I have three variates on my site, and you can click on the names to go directly to the recipe:
Maple syrup pecan cookies
Onto the recipe! I hope you like my variation on sugar cookies, please feel free to leave a message & pin the image down below.
See you soon! X Vivian
- Flour, 300g
- Sugar, 125g
- Butter, 200g (room temperature)
- Maple syrup, 40g
- Egg, 1 large
- Baking soda, 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder, 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract, 2 teaspoons
- Pecan nuts, 30g
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Add the sugar and mix again.
- Now, add the butter, maple syrup, egg and vanilla extract and stir through.
- Roughly chop up the pecan nuts and fold into the mixture.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls and slightly press them down on a with baking parchment lined tray. Make sure there is enough space in between, as the cookies will rise during baking.
- Place them in the oven for 14-18 minutes. I like my cookies crunchy so I leave them for 18 minutes, but if you like chewy cookies 14 will be enough.
- Store in an airtight container for a few weeks, and enjoy!