I’m getting more and more creative when cooking noodles! This time I combined noodles, turkey, snow peas and spring onions with a delicious tomato sauce. The noodles soaked up the sauce and were so delicious!
I’m currently at school actually. We have a guest lecture so I’m here in my classy dress and blazer, high heels and all. Neat, ey? There are two guest lecturers and the first one was very good at presenting but this one… not so much. And he’s in bad luck because we’ve been stuck in this room for 1.5 hours already: completely out of concentration!
But anyway, it’s quite interesting. I’m a hotel school student you see, but I never know where my future will take me. I don’t know if I want to become a hotel manager like they keep projecting us we’ll become! Who knows what the future holds.
So, about this recipe. I actually wanted to make noodle soup but I’ve done that before, which is why I started thinking. This recipe is not like spaghetti in tomato sauce: the noodles actually soak up the puréed tomatoes! And that is what makes it so delicious.
- Noodles, 125g
- Turkey, 400g
- Snow peas, 250g
- Spring onion, 7 pieces
- Olive oil
- Tomato, 3 pieces
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Chilli pepper, 1 small (or large, to taste)
- Water, 5 tablespoons
- Salt, pepper
- Foodprep: wash and chop the spring onions and snow peas. Season the turkey in salt and pepper, and cut into small pieces.
- Boil the noodles according to instructions.
- Heat up a frying pan and start cooking the chopped spring onions and snow peas. After 2 minutes, add the turkey and stir in between.
- Purée and mix the tomatoes, chilli, garlic, water with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- When the noodles are done, drain the water and add them to the vegetables in the pan.
- Add the tomato sauce and let simmer for a few minutes, until most of the liquid is soaked up by the noodles.