I’m so enthusiastic about this recipe I’m sharing today, I absolutely loved it… I don’t cook noodles often, but when deciding what I wanted to prepare I got this idea in my head and it turned out just as I wanted it to! Crispy broccoli, flavourful tenderloin and nice and salty mushrooms with noodles in a great sweet chilli sauce might just be my new favourite dish… Of the month at least 😉
A little while ago I walked to the Asian Toko here in Breda. I decided to go there more often: not only is their sweet chilli sauce delicious (instead of this sticky, waaay to sweet and not spicy at all version they sell in Dutch supermarkets), they also had many great ingredients such as frozen soy beans for a great price, soto for my next noodle soup, the matcha powder I had been looking for and so much more. Happy me!
Noodles with pork tenderloin, broccoli and mushrooms in a sweet chilli sauce
What I used for 2 persons:
- Noodles (the type I used was Ramen, see picture below this post)
- Pork tenderloin, 200g
- Broccoli, 300g
- Chestnut mushrooms, 200g
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Sweet chilli sauce
What I did:
- Start by cutting the broccoli in smaller pieces and boil this until it is soft enough. I like it a little crispy, so I left it a slight bit undercooked as it was going to continue cooking in the frying pan later.
- Cut the tenderloin in pieces and season this well. Heat up a frying pan and cook in some olive oil. Take out of the pan once nearly finished.
- Prepare the noodles as shown on the package.
- Slice the mushrooms and toss them in the frying pan with some new olive oil.
- When they are cooked nicely, add the broccoli. After 2 minutes you can add the noodles and the tenderloin as well, and reheat the mixture.
- Season with loads of sweet chilli sauce. See if you like the taste, and serve!
Really simple, quickly done but oh so delicious. You can toss in basically any other vegetable you like, just see what flavour combinations work!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe and I’ll see you tomorrow,