It’s time for another great breakfast recipe! This time I experimented with a breakfast pie: a delicious oat crust topped with some yoghurt and fresh pear or any fruit of choice. It’s really really good: I love the combination of the crunchy crust with the smooth yoghurt and sweet fruit! The perfect variation to my regular oatmeal 😉
If you like breakfast pies, don’t forget to check out this apple/oatmeal crumble!
Errr yes, so I’m definitely not a morning person. However, as far as breakfast goes you can count me in! It’s so much easier to get out of bed when you know you’re going to have something tasty: pancakes, waffles, fresh breads, eggs…. Or a breakfast pie.
It’s perfect for anyone who:
- is a morning person
- is not a morning person
- loves pie in general (me, me!)
- regularly eats oatmeal,
- yoghurt and granola or
- fresh fruits for breakfast
- loves the combination of different textures
Ehhhh maybe I should just stop this list and say that breakfast pie is a thing for everyone…. At least I think so!
- Oatmeal, 40g
- (Coconut) oil, 1 tablespoon
- Water, 1 tablespoon
- Honey, 2-3 tablespoons
- Yoghurt, 3 spoonfuls
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the crust ingredients and place them in a small quiche form or in a muffin tin.
- Place this into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let this cool down slightly, so that it can get extra crunchy.
- Meanwhile, cut the pear or fruit of choice into pieces.
- Top the crust with some yoghurt, cinnamon and fruit, and enjoy!