Ohh hello beautiful cookies. Don’t they look pretty? I love cookies filled with sugar, chocolate and butter but those “less guilty” cookies are such a nice variety too. Because there’s no added sugar it simply means you can eat twice as many, am I right?
These simple yet delicious oatmeal cookies contain peanuts, honey and vanilla to make one of my favourite flavour combinations. And to make it even better they are drizzled with some peanut butter & chia seeds for that finishing touch!
I can hear you thinking “what would she mean by train snacks?” Noo, it’s not my sometimes Dutch-English. Okay okay I’m making a big deal out of nothing: it’s simply snacks I make for my boyfriend to eat while in the train home. Oatmeal cookies are perfect for that!
If you like oatmeal cookies don’t forget to check out one of my first ever recipes:
Orrrr these more experienced (& better photos)
What I like most about oatmeal cookies is that they are not only tasty but rather filing too. You can get rid of any unwanted cravings by eating a cookie, I mean count me innnn. I’m crazy about peanut butter (I would be that person who gets her hand stuck in the jar) so I always try to put some in my recipes, but sometimes this makes the cookies a tad dry… So today I decided to drizzzzzzle some on top!
- Oatmeal, 80g
- (Wholemeal) flour, 100g
- Honey, 100g (to taste)
- Coconut oil, 60g
- Baking soda, 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder, 1 teaspoon
- Egg, 1 large
- Peanuts, 15g
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- Peanut butter, 1 spoonful
- Chia seeds, 1 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the oil and honey. Add the oats, flour, baking soda + powder and egg and mix well.
- Roughly chop the peanuts and add to the mixture. Add the vanilla and salt and mix one more time.
- Spread the mixture on the baking parchment in circles, a few centimetres apart.
- Place this in the oven for around 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let them cool.
- In a small bowl, add the peanut butter and chia seeds.
- Place this in the microwave for around 30 seconds, until the peanut butter is melted. Stir.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the mixture over the cooled cookies. Let dry.
- Done! Eat within one week.