Noodle soups are the best. They are versatile, easy, comforting, nourishing and you can make them the day ahead already. The flavour can only improve! We Dutch people like to give our own spin to everything so I’m sorry if I’m not cooking noodles the traditional way: I love trying new things!
Today I’ll share with you a great noodle soup recipe that includes pak choi, spring onions, mushrooms and pork tenderloin. I love how comforting it is! And it has so many vegetables. But the best parts are the tasty pork tenderloin and the boiled egg.
Dutch vs Indonesian
As I said, I’m typical Dutch so I don’t really know the ins & outs of cooking a noodle soup. However, a while ago I cooked an Indonesian dish with my friend Natasha and I learned a lot from that. She was shocked that I wanted to boil the green beans (“you’re supposed to fry them!” she said) and I thought it was really weird that she wanted to boil the chicken. We did things the other way around!
Anyways, the best part from that dish in my opinion was the boiled egg she added. So incredibly tasty! If you cook the egg medium it’s still sort of nice and creamy on the inside, and it absorbs all the flavours of the soup and yummy… It’s really really good. I’ll never make a noodle soup without egg again!
I don’t remember exactly what ingredients we used but I would like to ask her so that we can recreate that dish. For now I’ll share with you this version, which is pretty great as well!
Pak choi and pork tenderloin noodle soup
In line with my budget-proof challenge, this recipe cost only €1 per bowl!
By the way: did you guys see that I added Comment Luv? This means that if you leave a comment at one of my posts, you can now click a button, which allows you to include your latest blog post to the comment you leave. See it as a sort of free promotion! Bloggers need to support each other 🙂
- Pak choi, 1 piece
- Pork tenderloin, 300g
- Spring onions, 4 pieces
- Mushrooms, 250g (I used 125g chestnut and 125 regular)
- Noodles, 125g
- Stock cubes, 3 pieces (vegetable)
- Eggs, 5 pieces (one each)
- Chilli powder
- Smoked paprika powder
- Start with washing and chopping the pak choi. Place this in a pan with 1.5 litres of water and start to boil.
- Slice the spring onions and mushrooms as well. Add this to the pan.
- Add the stock cubes and stir. Let this cook for 10 minutes.
- Now toss in the noodles. Meanwhile, boil the eggs for 9 minutes.
- Season the pork and slice in pieces. Add this to the soup.
- For final seasoning I added 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika powder and 2 teaspoons chilli. This is to taste of course.
- Peel the eggs and place them in the soup. Serve!
See you tomorrow!
Oh, and please answer this question: http://stayaliveandcooking.com/poll-1/ to have a say in what my next challenge will be!
I’ve noticed I have some regular visitors, yay! So exciting. I’m really glad to have you all here 🙂 I would like to ask a favour. I know nearly all of us internetters (haha) are using Ad-block, including myself. However, if you turn ad block off at specific websites, like mine, you help us bloggers develop further. I want to continue blogging, as I still have so much to write about! 😀