Today’s recipe is for this delicious pasta with salami, bell pepper and peas, seasoned with aioli (garlic mayo) and parsley oil. Simple, but soooo gooooood! If you feel like you’ve seen this photo before, you may be right. If you look at my photo banner, the top left picture, my first ever Instagram photo, is of this dish! Sentimental value 😉 However, I recreated it to make better photos and a recipe.
Oooops, I completely forgot about this post haha! The photos are still made with my old camera.
Okay, so the story behind this pasta is pretty simple. We had this before and it was so yummy, I felt like I had to recreate and share this dish with you. Also, the bf had a tough day so he was (for once) allowed to choose what he wanted to eat. And guess what he chose…
Oh, but I did make some adaptions to this dish. The original version was made with chorizo sausage instead of salami, but after that I found out I get real bad stomach aches from chorizo so I had to leave that out. And the chopped parsley turned into a delicious parsley oil, which I can really recommend too!
This pasta dish is perfect for busy
or lazy? students, as it’s so quick and easy. However, if you’d like to make this dish even easier (!!) then you simply swap the parsley oil for chopped parsley. You can also add the salami without baking it first.
If you like it, feel free to pin/share this recipe with the picture down below! I would love that 🙂 X Viv
- Pasta (any kind), 200g
- Peas, 300g
- Bell pepper, 2 pieces
- Cubed salami or sausage, 100g
- Parsley or parsley oil, 4 spoonfuls
- Olive oil
- Aioli, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the directions.
- Heat up the peas and slice the bell pepper and parsley if you use the herb and not the oil.
- Bake the salami cubes for 2 minutes in a pan without oil. Place them on a piece of kitchen paper.
- Drizzle the pasta with some olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Top with the peas, bell pepper and salami and sprinkle some parsley (oil) on top. Serve with the ailoi, and enjoy!