Good morning food lovers!
This meal was for 3 persons, and we had just enough. You can make the portions a bit bigger if you like.
– half a (small) pumpkin
– bulgur, 170g
– minced meat, 250g
– a small onion
– rocket lettuce, 50g
– cherry tomatoes, 250g
– feta cheese, 60g
– pepper and salt
– (fresh) rosemary
– olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Place a cutting board on top of a wet cloth to prevent it from moving. Cut the pumpkin in half. The skin is very tough, so be careful! Scoop out the inside: both the seeds and the stringy bits. You can take off the skin as well: we didn’t, but some prefer it this way.
- Cut half of the pumpkin in slices. You can save the other half, or cut it in smaller pieces and place it in the freezer. (I’m making pumpkin pancakes later this week: mmmm!)
- Toss the slices in an oven tray and sprinkle it with olive oil, pepper, salt and rosemary.
- Place this in the oven for about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile you can start with the rest of your ingredients. Cut up a small onion and start cooking it in a frying pan on medium heat. Add some seasoning to your minced meat and add this to the pan as well. Cook until nice and brown.
- Heat up some water and add a cup of bulgur to a pan or bowl with a lid. Add 2 cups of water and let it sit for 15 minutes, until all the water is evaporated.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to a bowl with the rocket lettuce.
- Once the pumpkin is done, you can serve! Place some bulgur on your plate, add some pumpkin slices, minced meat, rocket, tomatoes and feta and enjoy.
We really enjoyed this meal and the evening altogether. Noor is one of my best friends: we always talk about so many aspects of our life! However, she is leaving for South-Africa next week… So sad! I’ll miss our weekly gymming sessions, or our cooking experiments together. Luckily she’ll be back after half a year 🙂
Will you let me know if you liked this dish? You can also show me your creations by adding #stayaliveandcooking to your instagram posts!
See you next time,