After all that cake and fries in my birthday weekend I decided it was time for something a little healthier for Monday’s dinner. A salad is always a good idea, and I found some tasty but rather healthy ingredients to go with it, creating a turkey-avocado-lettuce-feta quinoa salad!
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but it’s currently 4 degrees out here in Breda (the Netherlands) and I’m sitting outside, on my balcony, with a blanket and my laptop. The sun is shining so bright that it’s not cold at all! I absolutely love blogging this way, and I can’t wait for spring… Who’s with me!
I don’t really use quinoa often even though it has quite a nice flavour. I don’t really know what to cook with it, but some say you can just swap out rice or pasta for this ingredient. If you have any recipes you think I should try, please let me know! I need some inspiration to start with 🙂
By the way, feel free to send me a link to your food blog too! I love trying new things, and as my blog is still fairly new I would love to help out others who just started like me. Send me a message on Facebook, leave a comment down below or simply fill out a contact form.
Quinoa salad with turkey, avocado, feta cheese and
I prepared this salad for 2 persons. We ate it without any dressing as there already is a lot of flavour in it, but you can add a simple vinaigrette if you prefer.
Also, the seasoning I used for the turkey is a mixture we bought from a Moroccan stall in the Food Market in Rotterdam… I’m sorry: it’s not labelled or anything so I have no idea what it is! It was something that would go well with couscous and stuff, so I guess you can be creative 😉
What you need:
- Quinoa, 110g
- Lettuce, 60g (washed and cut)
- Turkey fillets, 250g
- Avocado, 1 ripe
- Feta cheese
- Seasoning for the turkey
- Olive oil
- Prepare the quinoa as shown on the package. This will take you around 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the turkey and cut in smaller pieces. Heat up a frying pan with some olive oil and cook them until they are cooked through (around 5 minutes).
- Slice the avocado in pieces and add this to the salad in a bowl. Add some of the feta as well, but save some for serving.
- When the quinoa is done, you can toss this in the bowl too. Mix everything together and top with the leftover pieces of feta.
- Take the turkey out of the pan and place this on top of your salad. Done! Ready to eat in no time 😉
This quinoa salad is one of the easiest dinner dishes you can make, it took me around 25 minutes in total! Let me know what you think and I’ll see you tomorrow again,
I am literally soaking up the last minutes of sunshine. The sun is about to disappear behind the building on opposite side of the road… Nooo! Don’t leave! 🙁