Today is Friday, which means it’s time for a quick & easy recipe! I’ve decided to upload recipes like this on Fridays, as we all could use an easy yet delicious meal before going out for our weekend dates. This rice bowl with peas, minced meat and shallot is perfect as a quick dinner!
So, do you have any plans for the weekend? Any parties, birthdays or are you simply planning to just relax, watch movies, maybe clean the house? Both sound good to me.
I’m planning to stay in our apartment this weekend instead of visiting my parents, I’m wondering how that’s gonna go. I’m not good at being alone, and the boyfriend is not home so… Who knows! I really hope I find a new peace with being by myself. And hopefully I’ll be able to meet up with some of my friends!
I quickly threw this dish together as I came home on Monday afternoon. We had an Easter brunch at my cousins house, so I was completely worn out! I like seeing my family but being in a busy environment is sometimes a bit much. Anyway, I had fun and luckily was home before dinner so I had some time to rewind.
This rice bowl was perfect as I could use all of those ingredients that I usually have in my pantry or freezer. I could have added some sauce or anything, but to me it tasted perfect the way it was! I ate this by myself but I’ve doubled the recipe for this post.
- Onion, 1 piece
- Minced meat, 200g
- Peas, 140g (either canned or frozen)
- Rice, 120g
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the rice according to the package (boil for around 15 minutes).
- Dice the onion and toss it in a pan with some oil. Cook on medium to high heat.
- Season the minced meat and add this to the pan. Stir often.
- Once the meat has browned, you can add the peas.
- When the rice is cooked, mix everything together and serve!
- If you like, you can add some soy sauce or sweet chilli sauce to add additional flavour.