My latest obsession: dinner bowls. Today I share a delicious recipe for rice noodles with marinated chicken, vegetables and parsley omelette rolls.
A super delicious & easy dinner bowl with rice noodles and marinated chicken: simple, but decadent!
Yay, we’re halfway in my birthday week! Only 4 more nights until I’m 22…. Uhoh. I decided to share this recipe because I think the photos are very pretty, and it would be a great present if this recipe is well-liked! 🙂
So, as I mentioned in the first chapter: I am obsessed with dinner bowls lately. You pick a ‘base’: rice, grains, quinoa, rice noodles, regular noodles etc. Then you add some protein and as many vegetables as you like: done! I absolutely love the variety this brings, and I think it’s a great way to use leftovers.
In this recipe I’ve used marinated chicken and the omelette as protein, but these bowls are also delicious when you eat them with fish or vegetarian (vegan?) options. I’ve made them with tempeh for example, and once with salmon (that one was called a poké bowl, find my recipe here) but I still have so many more options to try.
My mom came over for dinner one day, and I made one of those vegetarian bowls: buckwheat, sweet potato, raw carrot and red cabbage, tempeh, hummus and boiled eggs. So delicious and filling!
Rice noodles with marinated chicken, vegetables and parsley omelette
So, I made those omelette ‘spirals’ by simply baking an omelette, rolling it up and then slicing it into rolls. However, you can also stir-fry the egg mixture or simply cut the omelette into pieces. For the marinated chicken, I suggest marinating for a couple of hours. If you don’t have this much time, just marinate the chicken before you do any other preparations so that it has some time to soak up the flavours.
I hope you guys enjoy this dish as much as we did, and I’ll see you soon
- Chicken breast, 500g
- Garlic, 2 cloves
- Fresh ginger, size of a thumb
- Soy sauce, 4 spoonfuls
- Rice vinegar, 1 spoonful
- Fish sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Frying oil (sunflower, sesame), 1 spoonful
- Chilli flakes, 1 teaspoon
- Lemongrass, 1 teaspoon
- Broccoli, 1 head
- Rice noodles, 200g
- Brown beans, 250g
- Eggs, 3 large
- Parsley, 1 spoonful
- Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Start by marinating the chicken. Cut the chicken breasts in small pieces, and place them in a plastic bag.
- Finely grate or chop the ginger and garlic, and add this to the chicken. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, fish sauce, oil, chilli flakes and lemongrass and close the bag.
- Mix well, and place in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour.
- Wash, cut and cook the broccoli until tender, but not too soft. Heat up the beans and set aside.
- Cook the rice noodles according to instructions. This takes around 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the chicken in a wok.
- Mix the eggs with the parsley and salt, and bake into a thin omelette. Roll up and cut into pin-wheels.
- Serve with some extra soy sauce or sweet chilli sauce. Enjoy!