Woohoooo! It’s time for another pasta recipe. And a great one, let me tell you that 😉 This pasta sauce with roasted bell peppers, spring onion, minced meat and tomato is creamy, tasty, salty and sweet and overall de-lic-ious. Top that with these crazy rich and yummy salami chips and you’ve got yourself a winning dish! This has got to be one of my new favourites and today I share the recipe with you.
When I was younger lasagne was always my favourite dish. And now, years later, I can say with certainty that pasta, any kind, is still the best thing in the world! There’s so many varieties and sauces and you can change the meats and the cheese and… And… I am hungry now!
Roasted bell pepper pasta sauce
Hmmm, I can’t wait to try this recipe again.
But please, take my advice and blend the bell peppers in a food processor or blender. Please. Or you can be stubborn, do what I did and use a hand blender, but only if you are willing to accept the fact that your entire kitchen will be covered in bell pepper splashes and so will your face. You go ahead. Be stubborn and don’t learn from my mistakes.
- Bell peppers, 5 pieces (I used orange ones)
- Tomato, 1 piece
- Spring onion, 2 pieces
- Minced meat, 100g
- Creme fraiche, 100g (or sour cream)
- Salami sausage, 100g
- Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Start by slicing the bell peppers into pieces. Remove the seeds and place in an oven tray.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and place in the oven for 40 minutes. Rotate halfway.
- Remove the black pieces of the skin. Blend them until sort of smooth. Chunky is okay too, whatever has your preference.
- In a frying pan, cook the spring onion, seasoned minced meat and tomato until soft.
- Add the blended bell peppers and creme fraiche or cream. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, Cut the salami sausages into thin slices. Bake these in a frying pan with no oil until crisp on both sides. Place on a kitchen towel to drain the oil.
- Season the sauce with Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Be careful with salt, as the salami is quite salty too.
- Your sauce is ready to serve! Place some pasta on a plate and top with sauce and salami chips. Delicious!
I’ve noticed I have some regular visitors, yay! So exciting. I’m really glad to have you all here 🙂 I would like to ask a favour. I know nearly all of us web users are using Ad-block, including myself. However, if you turn ad block off at specific websites, like mine, you help us bloggers develop further. I want to continue blogging, as I still have so much to write about! 😀