Two recipes in one! Roasted ricotta and pesto make a great dip, and you can use the leftovers the next day in a delicious dinner with spinach and spaghetti.
We are aaallll about bread & cheese platters. Today I share with you a new cheese-dip: roasted ricotta with pesto! Have leftovers? No problem, the next day you turn this into a delicious pasta sauce by only adding some spinach!
Why couldn’t it be Christmas…
Oops, sorry if I got that song stuck in your head! You may be wondering why I’m bringing up Christmas now, but the answer is simple: this dip was one of the dishes I served with Christmas! Many bloggers uploaded Christmas recipes in December, but I simply decided to save them until after 😉
You see, this dip is great for serving at any occasion! And if you decide to turn it into a pasta sauce, you’ll be surprised at how easy and delicious it is.
Roasted ricotta and pesto dip + pasta sauce
Cooking with cream cheese: I don’t do it nearly enough! I should, as it adds so much flavour and texture. It’s super creamy, which is why I advise to serve the dip with crackers or anything else that’s crunchy. You know, to compensate for the creamy and soft roasted ricotta.
Recipes down below, hope to see you again soon!
- Ricotta, 250g (or one cube)
- Pesto, 2 spoonfuls
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the ricotta on an oven tray or in a glass dish. Sprinkle with olive oil and salt.
- This can go in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Top with pesto, and serve!
- I would suggest serving this with crunchy crackers to compensate for the creamy cheese. Or, why not with crunchy vegetables!
- Roasted ricotta as described in the recipe above, 1 serving
- Fresh spinach, 400g
- Spaghetti, 130g
- Pine nuts, a handful (toasted)
- Salt, pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions.
- Start by cooking the spinach. Once most of the water has evaporated, take out of the pan and cut into smaller pieces.
- Put this back into the pan and add the roasted ricotta. Add the cooked spaghetti, and stir through.
- Top with the pine nuts, and enjoy!
- Serve with extra pesto and grated cheese.