Ohh my, do I have a comfort food recipe to share with you today! This recipe for sage butter gnocchi with tomatoes and rocket lettuce is the best, I was so happy with it! It’s so creamy and buttery and flavourful because of the sage, and the tomatoes add such a nice sweet touch and I think I fell in love. Can I marry food?
When we were in Rome for a little vacation we enjoyed so much good food. We had full bellies like 90% of the time and were hungry for more the remaining 10. One of the dishes I had was this amaaaazing and simple ravioli with butter, sage and parmezan cheese…. It was SO GOOD!! I’ll include a picture so you can see:
It was perfect in all its simplicity. So of course I couldn’t stop thinking about this sage butter! I decided to use it with gnocchi and add some vegetables too. And it was delicious!*dancing*
Sage butter gnocchi
And lucky for you, this recipe is really simple too. Feel free to make your own gnocchi of course, but since I was having a bit of a fight with it last time (read this post for more information…. Oops) I decided to use store bought instead.
- Gnocchi, 500g
- Rocket lettuce, 40g
- Sage, 20g
- Tomatoes, 7 pieces
- Butter, 60g
- Salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the sage. Let this simmer for 4 minutes.
- Cook the gnocchi according to instructions: they will start floating after about 2 minutes. Drain the water.
- Cut the tomatoes in pieces and add them to the pan. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi as well and cook for 2 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the rocket lettuce and enjoy!