Today we reinvent the classic spaghetti and meatballs! The roasted tomatoes are nice and sweet, and using the oven makes this dish super easy.
I love pasta. I mean, who doesn’t?! I think spaghetti and meatballs is the favourite dish of many kids around the world. Today I decided to reinvent this classic: roasting tomatoes in the oven makes them extremely tasty, and because the meatballs are baked in the same tray it’s done in no time! (And with little dishes… ;))
I cooked this spaghetti and meatballs a few weeks ago, but I’m sooo behind because I’ve been sick for a week and a half! However, I’m in the library now, planning to schedule some posts.
When I was cooking this, I wrote down “sunshine” and I remember so well! It had been sad, dark weather for quite some time and when I was cooking this the sun started shining and I had those last rays of sunshine, shining just over the top of the building in front of my house, straight into my kitchen and onto my face. Happy moments… Cherish them 🙂
I think you all know where I’m going with this. Whenever I hear, eat or read something about spaghetti and meatballs, I think of the famous movie Lady and the Tramp. I haven’t seen it in years, but that spaghetti scene is legendary!
As many of you may know, I’m 21 years old, and I love Disney movies. Whenever I have a sad day, just make me watch one of those movies and all is good… Haha! I don’t think they’re only for children anymore, some movies are so sad. Or have such intense stories. What’s your favourite movie?
If you’re ever in need of a cheer-me-up, watch any of these movies and I guarantee you’ll feel better! :
- Big Hero 6
- Finding Nemo/Dory
- How to train your dragon
- The good dinosaur
- Despicable me
Spaghetti and meatballs
Let’s get back to business, shall we?! I’ve roasted tomatoes and meatballs, but you can of course add any vegetable you like. Also, feel free to add any sauce, cream or e.g. pesto if you like. I didn’t, I simply used the delicious juices that were left in the tray after roasting! The tomatoes are quite juicy, so they will provide you with a tasty sauce.
Please pin/like/share, and I hope to see you again soon! Thank you so much for visiting my blog 🙂
- Minced meat, 300g
- Onion, 1 yellow
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Sharp mustard, 1 teaspoon
- Breadcrumbs, 2 spoonfuls
- Meat seasoning, 1 spoonful
- Thyme, 1 teaspoon
- Egg, 1 large
- Spaghetti, 250g
- Small tomatoes, 250g (I used Roma)
- Olive oil
- Salt, Italian herbs
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the onion into small pieces and finely mince the garlic. Mix this with the minced meat.
- Add mustard, egg, bread crumbs, seasoning and thyme.
- Mix well, and form small meatballs.
- Cut the tomatoes in half or small, bite-sized pieces. Put them in an oven tray, and sprinkle with olive oil, salt and Italian herbs.
- Add the meatballs and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to instructions.
- When the meatballs and tomatoes are done, simply mix everything together. Don't leave the delicious juices behind in the tray!
- Great additions: eggplant, zucchini, broccoli, grated cheese, pesto, bell pepper.