Did you read the title? I mean, did you really really read it? How good does that sound! And let me tell you, it was so delicious. (That’s probably why I’m so enthusiastic!) Spinach mushroom bacon quiche with puff pastry crust and Parmesan cheese!
I made this quiche after my first official day of being back at school, and unfortunately I didn’t eat much of it as I felt a bit nauseous 🙁 That first day didn’t go as planned and ended with a panic attack. Luckily my sweet sweet boyfriend came home very quickly to take care of me and bring me chocolates! I am a lucky girl.
The boyfriend was extremely happy with this quiche and the next day it was still a delicious dinner. Perfect reason to bake it again!
Spinach mushroom bacon quiche
I love quiches. Ever since I bought that new mould I have been feeling so excited to make them! Check out this green bean and tomato quiche for example, doesn’t that look pretty?
Anyway, quiches can be so versatile. You can make breakfast quiches, a quiche for lunch or a very filling one for dinner! And you can go crazy with the ingredients. I looove going crazy with ingredients, just using all your inspiration for that perfect dinner dish… Yumm!
So this time I made a quiche with two of my favourite ingredients: spinach and mushrooms. That’s a winning combination already! Add some salty bacon and Parmesan cheese and wheppaaaa: you’ve got a quiche that will make you beam from happiness.
- Quiche dough, homemade or storebought
- Spinach, 200g
- Mushrooms, 125g
- Eggs, 3 pieces
- Creme fraiche, 100g (or sour cream)
- Bacon, 80g
- Parmesan cheese, 4 spoonfuls
- Lemon juice, a squeeze
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat up the spinach in a pan to evaporate most of the water.
- Chop up the mushrooms.
- Mix the eggs, cream, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Place the dough in the quiche mould. Spread the bacon around the mould as well.
- Place the mushrooms and spinach on top of the bacon.
- Spread the egg mixture over the vegetables top with the cheese, and place in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
Let me know what you think, looove
I’ve noticed I have some regular visitors, yay! So exciting. I’m really glad to have you all here 🙂 I would like to ask a favour. I know nearly all of us web users are using Ad-block, including myself. However, if you turn ad block off at specific websites, like mine, you help us bloggers develop further. I want to continue blogging, as I still have so much to write about! 😀