Confession: I’m crazy about cakes. I love the way my house smelled when I prepared this one, I love the sweetness, I love the way I look forward to having a slice, I love having other people try it…. This cake is sooo delicious, the vanilla and cinnamon go so great together. You will love it too!
Vanilla cake with cinnamon frosting
I prepared this delicious vanilla cake when I was alone in Breda for a weekend. I really felt like baking a cake with frosting, and I wanted to start with something simple as I’m not really experienced in baking yet. This turned out to be pretty delicious though!
I used a basic recipe for cake (2/3 of it, since I have a little cake mould so that I don’t end up eating an entire cake and feeling bad) and then added the flavours. I used so much vanilla, my apartment still smells like it! Yumm. The frosting is made with cream cheese, which will always be my favourite. This vanilla cake is definitely taken to a whole new level with that frosting!
- Butter, 200g
- Flour, 200g
- Sugar, 200g
- Eggs, 4 large
- Baking powder, 2 teaspoons
- Lemon juice, 1 spoonful
- Vanilla extract, 1.5 spoonful
- Cream cheese, 150g
- Powdered sugar, 50g
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the butter and sugar until sort of fluffy.
- Slowly start adding the eggs until fully incorporated.
- Mix the flour and baking powder, and slowly add this to the mixture as well.
- Add the vanilla and lemon juice and spoon into a cake mould. Place in the oven for around 1 hour.
- Mix the cream cheese and the sugar.
- Add cinnamon to taste: I used about 2 spoonfuls.
- When the cake is completely cooled down, top with the frosting.
- Store in the fridge.
Social: Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, Bloglovin’
I’ve noticed I have some regular visitors, yay! So exciting. I’m really glad to have you all here 🙂 I would like to ask a favour. I know nearly all of us web users are using Ad-block, including myself. However, if you turn ad block off at specific websites, like mine, you help us bloggers develop further. I want to continue blogging, as I still have so much to write about! 😀